Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Arlington? Normally, you have three significant sectors of your property for camera installations: your principal entryway, the exterior space around your home, and strategic interior positions. While your installation team will be able to recommend where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Protect Your Main Entrance
Even though you might find it unlikely that an intruder would try to simply enter through your home’s main entryway, 34% of invasions occur at this obvious access point. You also have porch pirates among other dangers to deal with. A video doorbell is perfect to handle all of these worries with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you can speak with any visitors who approach and press the button. By using your security app, like ADT Control, you can reply to all engagements with 2-way talk and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. When a visitor attempts something criminal, you can have your video doorbell automatically document the event on video and deliver it to your cell phone with a text message.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Determining where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging assignment. Thankfully, there are some useful recommendations to make sure your property is safeguarded appropriately.
- Cameras at the corners of your Arlington residence provide a better sightline, letting you see two segments of your yard.
- Just below an overhang or directly into a length of trim or siding are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat concealed by your home.
- Above your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing passageway for intruders than you might believe!
- Over a patio or sliding door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the sidewalk.
In each of these spots, you should always prune any overgrown plants or trees that could obscure the camera’s view.
Suggestions For Getting The Best Results From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras within your residence in Arlington. However, the added adaptability means you have additional aspects to think about:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are closed and locked, the sunlight from a window can create a glare and impact the clarity of your video recording. Point your interior camera lens away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Utilize Height: Similar to a guard tower, a video camera installed in a high place will provide a wider field of vision. You might situate your cameras above tall pieces of furniture or affixed to the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your camera won’t be able to protect you if it’s broken. Place your devices in locations where children or pets can’t tamper with them. You could try mounting or other ways to secure them to ensure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The greatest surveillance system won’t do much good if you’ve got a houseplant blocking the view. But it’s important to note, potted plants and other decor items may be a perfect way to hide your surveillance installation. Just ensure they don’t impede the view!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We'll help install the ideal plan for your complete residence -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (703) 546-7973 or complete the following form to arrange a consultation.