Today's home security options are getting more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to forget to perform simple security duties like activating your a home security system, closing the garage, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to remember doing these things ever again? When utilizing geofencing in Arlington, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Arlington For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border around your property, which you are able to set up in your smartphone app. This modern home security option then uses your phone to see when you go past the boundary and then initiates pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements utilize to share information with each other. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by grouping all elements onto the same network. You are then able to institute specific boundaries around your property and designate particular actions if you move beyond the boundary.
For instance, as soon as you pull away from your premises, you could instruct your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
These are several of the components you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways to use your home’s security system in Arlington. When you download the mobile app, you can do a lot with automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart components to operate at the times of your choice. Direct various lights to lower to signal that it's time for bed, or deactivate your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Control device interactions: Make specific devices activate when another element is triggered. Direct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan if the CO detector goes off. Or switch on your hallway lighting when your security camera senses strange movements in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Design custom room scenes with components that function in unison. Make your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks engage when the day is done. Or customize a scene for TV night with preset light and temperature settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to set your alarm system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Arlington
Whether you desire extra peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (703) 546-7973 or submit the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.