It wasn’t that long ago when wired devices were your only solution when installing a home security system. Forget putting a security camera on a table or governing your implements with a cell phone. But, home security is much different now, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless installations. You presently have an array of added benefits to enjoy -- like online access to your system, seamless smart devices, and easy installations. Wireless home security systems in Arlington will safeguard your home while making your life more convenient.
What To Consider If You Go Wireless
If you want to enjoy everything wireless security is able to do, you have to have a proper internet connection. If you have access to high-performance internet and a quality wireless router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless installation.
If you’re concerned about an internet or power outage, search for security systems that have battery and cellular backups available to keep you connected to your monitoring team indefinitely.
When you make your home in a rural setting without stable access to internet or cellular services, a wired configuration will in all probability be better. Or It may also make more sense financially to choose the traditional route if you move into a house that currently has wiring for security components connected.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Arlington will enhance your family’s protection, which is the primary objective to begin with. However, if you prefer the possibility of having the most current tech, review the following perks of wireless:
- Access from any location: Enjoy access to everything in your house from your lighting to your thermostat directly from your mobile device utilizing the ADT Control app. You can check camera footage, switch on your lights, and even activate your alarm system if you neglected to do so. Whenever an intrusion or emergency does occur, you are able to have alerts sent right to your smartphone.
- Easy installation and customizing: You no longer need to worry about all the messy wiring, damage to drywall, and long installations. One of the best aspects of wireless devices is that you are able to put them just about wherever you want and in less time. If you would like to update sometime in the future with the latest equipment, integrating devices into your network is simple.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless capability makes smart home interactions a reality with fast, bi-directional communications. Program your system to perform a function in specified situations to increase your protection and deter break-ins. For instance, if your exterior camera discovers unusual activity along your home’s perimeter, it is able to prompt your entryway lights to engage.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Arlington
Although wireless home security systems in Arlington have shown to be a good choice, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about utilizing one. The following are some of the most frequent areas of concern:
- Battery-run wireless elements could stop working if the battery is depleted. While this might be true, your smart implements will alert you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors typically need to be positioned within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT can provide range extenders in some situations to increase your versatility.
- Similar to all types of internet-connected networks, the threat of being hacked persists. You can take steps to prevent this by utilizing strong passwords, always updating default configurations, and choosing a router with an integrated firewall. You should also only employ security devices with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Contact Your Security Specialists
Would you like to take advantage of Arlington wireless home security? Call (703) 546-7973 to talk to the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will aid you in creating the most suitable package for your residence.